The Setter Trainee will participate in a twelve (12) week training program to develop the skills on delicate jeweler detailing and the essential fundamental skill sets to become a stone setter. This role will attend the training as well as continue on the 2nd Shift from 3:30 pm-midnight. The training program will include familiarization with various jeweler tools, techniques, and processes. The trainee will have to pass various milestone tests throughout the training program to show progress before being allowed to work on production pieces.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for position, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite.
- Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor/manager.
- Participate in Tiffany & Co. jeweler training program learning to create and/or repair precious jewelry using precious metals with and without a simulated gemstone, while learning Tiffany & Co. quality and production standards.
- Transition skills learned to set precious stones.
- Work in a team environment maintaining a positive and respectful workplace. Comply with Tiffany & Co. policies and procedures while maintaining professional conduct at all times.
- Participate and carry out all assigned tasks and other team requirements.
- Ability to communicate in English with all levels on a daily basis, if necessary
- Ability to be trained and learn jeweler techniques and processes
- Ability to read blueprints and understand quality requirements
- Ability to be flexible and work as part of a team, as well as an individual
- Ability to work in a production environment
- Able to speak, read and write English
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working with fine jewelry
- Ability to work nonstandard hours and overtime during peak business periods