The goal of the position is to perform in-process and finished goods quality inspections ensuring merchandise meets Tiffany & Co. requirements. Perform component inspections. Record inspection data. Perform on-site general inspections at local contractors and suppliers.
- Audit product and process using documented work instructions and product specifications to validate conformance throughout the manufacturing process. Record audited data and administer the disposition of rejected merchandise.
- Inspect merchandise throughout the manufacturing processes making discriminating judgments against standards and specifications.
- Perform on-site inspections at local contractors and suppliers.
- Participates in corrective action projects, process improvement projects, and other QA related special activities. Assists in the validation of the control plan.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of industrial experience with a heavy emphasis on quality assurance
- Normal color perception, passing a color test if required
- Strong communication skills, fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Ability and willingness to work overtime
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Graduate Gemologist (GG) or Graduate Jeweler (GJ) Diploma
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification (CQM, CQE, CQA, CQT, CQIA)
- Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access) knowledge
- Ability to read and analyze technical drawings