The focus of the Lead Developer Integration Services – Microservices is to deliver microservices development/administrations for new and existing applications. This position will help provide administration/development efforts for REST APIs, Docker/ Kubernetes stack. S/he will design, develop, unit test, and maintain microservices in support of specified business functions and processes. This role will utilize various microservices development solutions in order to meet business needs, as well as provide ongoing support and problem resolution for existing applications.
Lead API/microservices requirements definition efforts for specific projects or multiple projects of varying complexity. Document results of the requirements definition process.
Provide periodic status updates to project leaders and managers. In partnership with the Application Architecture function, help transform microservices requirements into system, process, and program designs.
The design may be custom or involve one or multiple development standards/technologies. Use appropriate tools to document and communicate designs. Evaluate system impacts beyond the scope of specified change.
Provide periodic status updates to project leaders and managers. Develop new microservices-based on requirements gathering. The development includes unit testing and may involve using one or multiple tools.
Additionally, may be responsible for evaluating the work of 3rd party service provider development team members for technical quality, adherence to standards, and completeness.
Provide periodic status updates to project leaders and managers. Ensure the quality of developed and delivered applications. Create and document unit test scripts. May review scripts prepared by other application developers. Assist in the processing of test scripts. Ensure proper change control procedures are followed. Provide periodic status updates to project leaders and managers. Provide subject matter expertise to 3rd party service provider for operational support for microservices API/applications. Proactively look for tools and methods to improve the operation of microservices/Kubernetes area. Work with other areas of IT to ensure operational readiness of systems. Mentors applications developers. Maintain current technical skills and develop new skills through formal and informal skills development regimens.
- Six to eight years’ microservices REST API development experience using C#.NET, .NET Core or Node.js, GraphQL, Docker/OpenShift, AKS, Kubernetes, and API gateway tools.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience in IT related to software development or support
- Solid experience with micro-services architecture/design/development for new and existing systems.
- Hands-on experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Redis cache application development.
- Proven experience in On-Premise, AWS or Azure Cloud and Hybrid environments.
- Experience developing web applications using Azure functions, AWS Lambda and Azure DevOps.
- Experience with web design and development using frameworks (node.js, angular, express.js, react.js)
- Experience with design and implementation of DevOps and CI/CD tools
- Experience with design, implementation, and lead adoption of containers technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and break down components to identify a root cause.
- Solid experience with API security standards and different authentication models.
- Strong project leadership skills with the ability to accurately estimate development and testing efforts, identify tasks on the critical path and assess risk in the overall project.
- Experience with software development methodologies.
- Experience developing application with RHEL Linux platform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with technical peers.
- Experience with designing API, Webservices, microservices, messaging, and serverless architecture
- Experience with Azure apps like Logic Apps, Event hub, Azure Redis cache & other applications.
- Good knowledge in Go, Bootstrap, CSS, LINQ, and other design/architectural pattern
- Database programming (NoSQL, SQL Server/Oracle/DB2) a plus
- Knowledge of application data indexing, log aggregations and Search APIs using ELK stack.
- Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await).
- Experience with using JMeter, BlazeMeter, or similar performance testing tools.