Sales Professionals hold the critical position of embodying the Tiffany brand in each and every client interaction using the Tiffany touch; their own flair for making each client’s experience extraordinary. The Sales Professional is an excellent communicator and brand ambassador. His or her passion for Tiffany is conveyed in every conversation and an entrepreneurial spirit is prevalent in the make-up of every sales professional. Developing client relationships and exceeding sales plans is first and foremost in the Tiffany sales professional’s skill set. The love of building his/her own business by developing client relationships and exceeding sales plans is first and foremost in the Tiffany sales professional’s skill set.
Sales: Deepen the relationship with our client to drive lifetime loyalty and spend. Consistently achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual store sales plan. Capture client data. Cultivate new and existing client relationships. Deliver a significant portion of sales through repeat client business. Drive business through key product pillars.
Service: Elevate in-store experience by consistently delivering memorable moments to every client. Demonstrate passion as a Tiffany brand ambassador during every selling ceremony using the Tiffany Touch; your personal touch. Demonstrate Client Experience Behaviors identified within the TEI program (Voice of Customer Survey) and with Tiffany’s client experience vision. Execute best practices by optimizing hospitality and store amenities to create unique experiences and take action on TEI performance and client feedback.
NOTE: All applicants for Sales Professional positions will be required to complete a Pre-Hire Assessment as part of the recruitment process
- Experience in retail or luxury retail or relevant client-related experience (e.g., hospitality).
- Proven track record in achieving sales results.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work with a diverse client base.
- Proficiency with Point of Sales (POS) systems, client tracking systems, and Microsoft Outlook/email.
- Must have the authorization to work in the United States or in the country where the position is based.
- A college/university degree.
- Graduate Gemologist degree or previous Gemological Institute of America (GIA) course work is preferred.
- Proficiency in multiple languages.