The Fine Jewelry Setter will produce precious jewelry with intermediate to advanced degree of complexity using materials and instructions supplied by Tiffany & Co. to meet Quality standards within prescribed production times. Perform duties associated with the manufacture of rings and other precious jewelry primarily working on different types of stone setting techniques using diamonds and colored precious stones.
Must demonstrate the skill to set stones according to Tiffany & Co.’s quality standards, including, but not limited to, setting pieces evenly on plane (in cases of multiple stones); taking proper care as not to damage stones.
Perform setting process; deliver clean work in a timely manner, in keeping with the department’s efficiencies.
Work in a team environment maintaining a positive and respectful work place. Comply with Tiffany & Co. policies and procedures while maintaining professional conduct at all times.
Performs other duties as may be required.
Maintain Six Sixma housekeeping programs.
Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for jewelers, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly reporting all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor/manager.
- 2+ years’ experience in the areas required: Prong setting and burnishing or has demonstrated the ability and skillset of a Setter II
- Experience in the following areas: Platinum, 18KT and color stones
- Understanding of following tools: burs, gravers, burnishers and other jewelry related tools
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills and resolutions
- Ability to adapt to change for the needs of the company; flexibility is important
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced work atmosphere
- Ability to work overtime and weekend overtime as business needs arises
- Must understand company safety: wear safety glasses; utilize Plexiglas shield when setting, grinding or sharpening tools and proper procedure when handling chemicals when boiling out work
- Must be able to communication and understand English language
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- GIA Certification