SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
-Relocation Support Available-
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most legendary brands in the world today. With a history that spans back to 1837, Tiffany & Co is a jeweler and specialty retailer, whose merchandise offerings include an extensive selection of jewelry, as well as timepieces, sterling silverware, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances and accessories.
The Tiffany Workshop in Pelham, NY is known throughout the world for its fine jewelry and illustrious collections that symbolize the essence of distinctive craftsmanship, quality, timeless beauty and expressions of joy. The Setter is responsible for setting diamonds in gold and platinum jewelry pieces within the Tiffany and Company aesthetic and quality standards. This role will present the ability to grow and develop craft skills to support high-end jewelry.
- Support internal manufacturing by setting and inspecting diamonds and colored stones on all levels of complexity precious-metal jewelry pieces.
- Follow Tiffany & Co. prescribed routing steps and standard times to meet quality standards for all setting techniques.
- Follow all work instructions and procedures; use appropriate tooling as required.
- Support projects as assigned, included but not limited to working on hard prototype pieces.
- Share/enhance setting knowledge through on-the-job training demonstration and consultation with other setters.
- Inspect mountings 100% prior to setting and review work after setting completion.
- Count and record individual daily work performed to achieve on-time delivery and efficiency levels.
- Verify the accuracy of work orders in terms of but not limited to: tracking location, CODC if applicable, high value and components. Notify supervisor of any discrepancies or constraints.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for Setters, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor. Contributes to 5S improvements as demonstrated at your workstation and within the department.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of setting experience
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to set stones using multiple setting techniques with a microscope and with the willingness to utilize new tools when necessary.
- Demonstrated experience setting melee stones and up to 3ct or higher.
- Extensive experience working with precious metals.
- Ability to work overtime and weekend overtime as business needs arises
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Strong attention to detail
- Stroong verbal communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with multiple staff levels.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and partnership skills.
- Knowledge of colored gemstones (2 years).
- Familiar with laser welding or willingness to learn
- Open to learning new technologies and approaches outside of traditional setting.
- GIA Certification