Our Forensic practice investigate problems in the built environment and provide evidence-based solutions founded on rigorous science and physics. We assist attorneys, property managers, building owners, contractors, manufacturers and design professionals with a wide range of engineering and architectural issues.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Forensic Structural Engineer with interests in structural forensic investigation, litigation support, risk loss consulting, structural repair, and retrofit design. This individual will be expected to execute structural investigations of existing buildings and to design remedial repairs for deficient conditions. The investigations include failure cause and origin analysis, life cycle cost and feasibility analyses, risk loss insurance and claims response, and litigation support. The candidate will be required to provide direction to, and review the work product of, junior level staff, coordinate with other project managers on interdisciplinary efforts, support marketing efforts, and develop and maintain client relationships.
· On-site inspections and investigations including surveying and documenting observations, photographing, and sketching.
· Researching historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and code issues.
· Organizes field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving.
· Complete structural analysis and repair rehabilitation design of concrete, steel, timber, masonry, and other structural systems.
· Degree (Master’s preferred) in structural or architectural engineering; undergraduate in engineering is required.
· Field experience with diverse building types preferred.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally