Our Applied Science practice leverages a unique combination of technologies and expertise to engineer practical solutions to problems of national and international importance. We apply expertise in solid and fluid dynamics, materials science, acoustics, risk assessments and computational simulation methods to solve complex problems. We preform research, mathematical modeling, software development and design to manage risks to life safety in military platforms and installations, ships and submarines, critical infrastructure, tall buildings, public facilities, industrial and petrochemical plants and automotive and airborne vehicles. Military, government, corporate and academic clients’ value the validation of Applied Science’s software and the critical insights gained from correlating analysis with testing.
We have an opportunity for an Engineer for our Applied Science Practice. This position will work on solutions to problems of national and international importance.
· Responsible for some phases of the engineering and design analysis for a variety of industrial and Energy projects ranging from programing through finite element modeling.
· Researching and interpreting applicable codes and standards.
· Coordinates and guides preparation of construction documents.
· Steel structures design.
· Foundation design.
· Performs advanced analysis and research on engineering problems which may include but are not limited to; Blast resistant design, fire resistant design and optimization, modular structure design, offshore structures design.
· Degree (Master’s preferred) in Engineering.
· Experience in Revit, STAAD, SAP2000, and AutoCAD is helpful but not required.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally.