Pricing Coordinator I
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of more than $24 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Pricing Coordinator I administers accurate pricing on ~2000 customer contracts with sales of over $200 Million using Thermo Fisher’s complex pricing systems. Results are highly visible to customers and can affect customer perceptions of Thermo Fisher, customer relationships, DSO and audit liability.
The Pricing Coordinator I will work independently to:
- Load customer pricing including item and product exceptions, PA defaults and all other daily pricing maintenance.
- Meet deadlines using analytical skills to determine the correct, multiple steps necessary to build accurate pricing for each unique price agreement
- Maintains integrity of pricing hierarchy when modifying discounts to existing price agreements
- Load supplier rebates, convert supplier part number to Fisher part number, upload sell price and rebate terms for specific items and customers
- Determines which price agreement level the rebate must reside to ensure accurate pricing
- Prepare price books and contract models; review for accuracy.
Will have a basic understanding of how to:
- Perform PA consolidations
- Interpret GPO structures, rebates and memberships
- Help guide/train other departments on pricing fundamentals and functionality
- Execute new contract implementations for customers
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues using logic skills, attention to details. Will conduct root cause analysis for daily and weekly audits including pricing accuracy, daily rebate below costs
What will you do?
- Act as a strong business partner, with responsibility for 100-200 sales representatives. Perform pricing maintenance to be effective within 24 hours.
- Phone coverage required through the business day
- Respond to an average of 300 emails/phone calls per week
- Ability to work with multiple departments (finance, rebate accounting, product admin, etc.)
- Must stay focused on the duties of the position while at the same time be flexible to meet our customers’ needs
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Associated degree of 1+ years of experience in a multi-functional, high-volume processing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Intermediate MS Excel, Outlook, Word skills, basic Access and Cognos skills is a plus
- Team player, detail and service-oriented
- A basic understanding of rebate and pricing terms is a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical and customer service skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (MS Excel, Outlook, Word, Access, Cognos)
- Able to work in a fast passed, cross functional, team environment, with the ability to multitask, and manage stress associated with the position
- Able to work independently to multitask, stay organized, use time management skill, and prioritize workload
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance