Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Strong Company and Safety Culture
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Training and Educational Assistance Opportunities
The Weitz Company is currently accepting applications for students interested in full time positions as a Project or Field Engineer after graduation.
- Traveling Engineers-Nationwide
What You’ll Do:
- Support the business unit safety program.
- Assist with the preparation of the project safety plan.
- Participate in cost reporting and updating.
- Obtain contract drawings, specifications, and other pertinent information necessary for the completion of the project and distribute copies to the project manager, superintendent, material suppliers, and subcontractors as needed.
- Prepare overall project schedule with input from the project superintendent and the project manager and update the schedule monthly.
- Request, receive, and tabulate bids as directed.
- Negotiate assigned subcontracts, purchase orders, and draft agreements.
- Obtain, review, approve, and process in a timely manner, all shop drawings and product submittals. Stay abreast of delivery dates and keep the project manager and superintendent informed of changes that affect the project schedule.
- Review project documents for any changes that save money or improve the overall quality of the project.
- Assist with preparation of periodic owner status reports as may be required for the project.
- Other duties and projects s assigned.
- Participate, as required, in the development of the project plan, moisture infiltration plan, risk mitigation plan, freeze review plan, etc. and ensure proper execution.
- Make recommendations to the supervisor for design or other changes that will enhance the quality of the project, reduce operating and maintain costs, improve the scheduled completion, or decrease construction costs.
- Assist Superintendent with equipment review and planning.
- Assist superintendent with pre-construction meetings with appropriate subcontractors prior to their start in the field.
- Maintain and protect all tools, equipment, and materials on the jobsite.
- Assist superintendent with layout, as directed, that information is conveyed to involved parties.
- Assist superintendent with site logistics and cleanup to present a professional image to the public.
- Maintain accurate cost reporting.
- Respond effectively to RFI’s and coordinate response in field.
- Assist the Project Superintendent, if requested, in developing, updating, and maintaining the project schedule. Document all delays and inform Project Superintendent.
- Assist in monitoring the field performance for all aspects of the project, including subcontractors, employees, consultants, schedules, quality, and costs.
- Maintain routine relations with owners’ and architects’ representatives. Major disputes or problems encountered are discussed with appropriate supervisor; assist with resolution.
- Set up, organize, read, communicate, and update project schedules utilizing computerized scheduling software.
What We’re Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in the role.
- Education: Industry related college degree is required.
- Experience: Previous construction internship experience is preferred.
- Skills: Good engineering and construction management skills are important. Individual must have good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the owner, architect, and The Weitz Company project team. A high level of integrity is required. Good time management and project organization skills are essential. Microsoft Office proficiency is important.
- Systems: Must be proficient in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, Excel), and must be able to learn project management software (JDE, Procore, Asta, Bluebeam, etc.).
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.