Job Product: Student understanding of history that furthers the development of character and intellect.
General Purpose: The teacher is responsible for developing students’ academic excellence and virtue by creating a positive culture of inquiry and learning and providing students with challenging and meaningful learning activities and experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates subject matter knowledge
- World History: human beginnings and early civilizations (Africa, Mesopotamia, Phoenicia, Egypt, India, China); roots of Western civilization (Israel, Greece, Rome); English and Western European history; Renaissance and the age of exploration; development of Asia, Africa, and South America; age of revolutionary change in Europe; the world in the era of two World Wars; and the world from 1945 to the present
- Geography: Major physical features of the world; key concepts of geography and its effects on various peoples
- Government: similarities, differences, key concepts, and implications of various forms of government throughout history and around the world
- Methods and Sources for Research in History
- Ongoing awareness and understanding of world and U.S. current events and their context from a historical perspective
Plans curriculum and instruction
Manages classroom climate and operation
Meets professional responsibilities
Bachelor degree, preferably in history, with at least 24 semester hours in content area
Prior teaching experience preferred but not required
$35,000 per year, based on ESSA qualifications; eligible for merit pay up to $2,000.
•Long-term disability insurance
•Paid time off
All employees must submit to and pass a CBI / FBI fingerprint background check as a condition of employment.