Schedule: Monday – Friday (7:00am – 3:30pm)
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement plan
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the site’s daily operations and provide case management to clients onsite.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive, integrated care to individuals experiencing homelessness, mental illness, and substance addiction.
- Connect with stakeholders, including other internal programs, Housing Authorities, and other agencies, to collaboratively work towards clients’ housing and rehabilitation goals.
- Provide proactive case management by conducting client intakes, providing referrals to benefits/employment, housing options, mental health services, primary care physicians and to other relevant supportive services.
- Ensure clients achieve housing goals and assist in addressing barriers.
- Create a Housing goal with clients; review and update goals monthly with clients.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of community resources.
- Advocate for clients to ensure that needs are met.
- Use critical thinking skills to address barriers encountered during case management.
- Actively participate in weekly client case conferencing.
- Create a supportive environment and ensure clients’ progress towards permanent supportive housing.
- Facilitate enrichment groups onsite.
- Intervene during crises by utilizing Non-Violent Crisis Intervention methods.
- Address client complaints and concerns
- Communicate effectively, and in a timely manner, with management, peers, collaborators, and clients.
- Maintain client confidentiality, while following agency, state, and HIPAA laws.
- Develop effective, trusting relationships with clients using a client-centered approach that includes motivational interviewing, harm reduction and Trauma Informed care.
- Complete mandatory or recommended trainings.
- Attend monthly individual performance evaluation.
- Attend team meetings.
- Participate in ongoing self-evaluation.
Facility and Safety:
- Ensure a clean and safe facility by communicating to management any repair needs.
- Work as a team to conduct periodic safety drills for staff and clients (fire, earthquake etc).
Compliance and Policies:
- Understand documentation required by the agency and the funders.
- Complete accurately and in a timely manner all trackers, case notes, incident reports, client paper charts and other documentation, including Homeless Management Information System data.
- Know and adhere to agency policies, program guidelines and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred but not required; or minimum of two (2) years of experience in a social services organization, one of which must be by providing case management services.
- Familiarity with Interim Housing or congregate living facilities strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Clarity Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) strongly preferred.
- Punctuality required.
- Possess effective customer service skills even during complex situations.
- Knowledge of issues related to homelessness, mental illness, chronic health issues, and substance use required.
- Able to cultivate respectful and appropriate relationships with clients of diverse backgrounds.
- Non-violent crisis-intervention and/or de-escalation skills, strongly preferred.
- A strong understanding of Trauma Informed Care, Harm Reduction and Housing First principles.
- Ability to exercise and model good judgment, especially in crisis situations.
- Ability to work independently and think critically.
- Ability to act in a professional manner regardless of circumstances.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Commitment to improving the community through empowerment and dignity.
- Ability to self-motivate
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Able to obtain and maintain ServSafe, CPR and first aid certification.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required. *Computer skill test may be requested during the interview. Please request reasonable accommodation in advance, if necessary