Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00am – 4:30pm)
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement plan
Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the work submitted by clinicians is consistent with The People Concern philosophies and meets the current standards for quality of care, and other requirements as defined by L.A. County Department of Mental Health. This position will follow charting procedures and chart review procedures set forth by the Quality Assurance department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the agency’s Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Complete all documentation audits, data reviews, other documentation in accordance with The People Concern and Department of Mental Health policies and procedures, including but not limited to, assessment, intake, annual, discharge, other packets, and quality assurance audits.
- Ensure updated client information in Exym and IBHIS database: open/close client episodes and electronic health records, open/discharge clients in database.
- Ensure compliance with LAC Department of Mental Health standards by verifying all documentation accuracy within client charts.
- Using the audit tool, conduct regular non-clinical quality checks on charts as directed and per department procedures, including monthly quality assurance reviews, while ensuring all corrections are done in a timely manner to enhance quality improvements in the mental health program.
- Demonstrate expertise in maintaining quality control activities including, tracking document submissions and interpreting statistical information to ensure documentation accuracy.
- Communicate audit findings, Department of Mental Health compliance requirements, and upcoming changes with the mental health program staff.
- Develop and maintain accurate and complete client case files to monitor the integrity upon audit findings.
- Enter client data and new staff data into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and DMH systems.
- Manage Service Request Logs and Outcome Measures for assigned programs.
- Assist in administrating the EHR, Exym.
- Support data collection for the agency.
- Obtain and/or check Medi-Cal eligibility verification when needed.
- Attend and participate in agency and department trainings and meetings
- Collaborate and consult effectively with the Quality Assurance Manager, Director of Clinical Quality Assurance and any other staff/programs to ensure quality and assist with flow of Quality Assurance procedures.
- Answer daily questions from all staff in regards to Electronic Health Record (Exym), non-clinical-related questions, etc.
- Generate Exym reports as needed to assist staff with compliance.
- Other duties not specified in the position description as requested by the Quality Assurance Manager or Director of Clinical Quality Assurance
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with non-clinical documentation requirements for respective funding sources, specifically Medi-Cal and LAC DMH preferred
- Experience with Electronic Health Record (Exym) along with working in a community mental health setting preferred
- Possess attention to detail, ability to be thorough and accurate with excellent data management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work independently and creatively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license and maintain an insurable driving record.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced expertise in Excel.