Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00am – 4:30pm) some evening and weekends as needed
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement plan
The Human Resources Partner (HRP) serves as a consultative resource for Chief Officer(s) (CO) overseeing a function or multiple functions within The People Concern, in order to support operational success. The HRP collaborates with the CO and function leadership/management on Human Resources matters by providing both strategic and technical expertise and advice. This position reports to the Manager, Human Resources (HRM) and is expected to work at least 50% of the time from agency locations in various parts of Los Angeles County. During the coronavirus pandemic, this position works primarily from home and the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with the CO(s), Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), and HRM to develop and maintain a Human Resources strategy that closely supports the goals of the function and agency, as well as adhering to all applicable agency, federal, state and local laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Serve as a visible and engaged partner with the assigned function(s)
- Establish and nurture a positive and supportive Human Resources presence within the function(s) and among staff at all levels.
- Develop and maintain a position of trusted advisor to the CPO(s). Advise the CPO(s) on engagement, retention, learning and employee relations issues as they arise, and identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with the CO(s), HRM and CHRO to communicate trends, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Address questions or concerns regarding company benefits, policies, practices and regulations
- Serve as a knowledgeable, fair and trusted resource for employee relations and performance matters
- Provide coaching and feedback on how to improve individual performance to employee and management across assigned function(s)
- Partner with CPO(s) and staff to ensure employee relations issues and problems are addressed before their magnitude necessitates escalation
- Conduct confidential HR investigations
- Work with HRM, CHRO and employment attorneys on and participate in investigations, claims, hearings, depositions and mediations as needed
- Coordinate and process employee separations, including scheduling and document management as needed
- Advise CO(s) and function leaders/management on agency and legal requirements and polices regarding employee separations
- Conduct exit interviews and perform qualitative data analysis of turnover, corrective action, and other metrics.
- Administer the LOA programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA, USERRA, etc.) in collaboration with HRM, Human Resources Benefits Team and Manager, Compliance
- Assist function staff with understanding eligibility and requirements for LOAs
- Communicate need for and appropriate details of leaves to CO(s) and leadership/management for operational planning
- Process all LOA paperwork
- Maintain appropriate communications with employees on leave including responding to employee questions through email, phone calls and in-person conversations
- Monitor and track leave of absences through internal payroll and timekeeping systems
- Produce and manage reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases
- Process employee status changes in the HRIS and electronic personnel files system accurately and in a timely fashion
- Reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity, and support routine reporting requests
- Work with CPO(s), hiring managers and Human Resources Recruiting Team to convey function’s recruiting needs and participate in recruitment as appropriate.
- Assist Human Resources Benefits Team and function with benefits open enrollment as needed
- Regularly communicate with HRM and CHRO about the state of HR within assigned function(s) and with other HRPs and HR Team to collaborate on common challenges and opportunities
- With CHRO and HRM, develop implementation plans for agency Human Resources programs and effectively communicate to leaders and employees
- With other HR, Learning, and Strategy and Integration staff, coordinate and facilitate
- on-boarding, orientation, and training.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Team and Safety Committee, develop and oversee the ergonomic program
- Follow and administer policies, procedures, and processes to ensure the organization is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations and requirements regarding benefits, Human Resources, wage and hour, and employment issues
- Assist and advise all employees in following agency HR policies, procedures, and practices for consistency, fairness, and compliance with local, state, funder, and federal regulations and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or other related field, or minimum five years’ broad Human Resources experience required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of related state and federal laws and regulations required.
- Leadership and cross-functional facilitation skills necessary.
- Requires flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple projects and relationships, while maintaining focus on critical Human Resources processes.
- 50% travel among Los Angeles area locations
- Strong customer service orientation required. Must possess a courteous and professional demeanor and exhibit good judgment when assisting/interacting with others
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail required to produce thorough, accurate and high-quality work
- Able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus