Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00am – 4:30pm) some evening and weekends as needed due to needs of position
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement plan
The Human Resources Partner I (HRP) serves as a consultative resource for the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members overseeing multiple functions within The People Concern, including administrative, facilities and operational teams, in order to support functional success. The HRP collaborates with the CO and function leadership/management (People Leaders) on Human Resources matters by providing both strategic and technical expertise and advice. This position reports to the Manager, Human Resources (HRM) and is expected to work at least 25% of the time from agency locations in various parts of Los Angeles County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with the Executive Leadership Team, Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), Director, Human Resources (HRD), and HRM to develop and maintain a Human Resources strategy that closely supports the goals of the function(s) and agency, as well as adhering to all applicable agency, federal, state and local laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Serve as a visible and engaged partner with the assigned function(s):
- Establish and nurture a positive and supportive Human Resources presence within the function(s) and among staff at all levels.
- Develop and maintain a position of trusted advisor to the ELT. Advise the ELT on engagement, retention, learning and employee relations issues as they arise, and identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Communicate trends, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Address questions or concerns regarding agency benefits, policies, practices and regulations
- Serve as a knowledgeable, fair and trusted resource for employee relations and performance matters:
- Provide coaching and feedback on how to improve individual performance to employees and People Leaders across assigned function(s).
- Partner with People Leaders and staff to ensure employee relations issues and problems are addressed before their magnitude necessitates escalation.
- Provide coaching and feedback on how to improve individual performance to employee and management across assigned function(s).
- Conduct confidential HR investigations; provide recommendations upon completion; work with HR and employment attorneys on and participate in investigations, claims, hearings, depositions and mediations, as neede
- Advise People Leaders on agency and legal requirements and polices regarding employee separations; coordinate and process employee separations, including scheduling and document management, as needed; conduct exit interviews and perform qualitative data analysis of turnover, corrective action, and other metrics.
- Assist function staff and People Leaders with understanding eligibility and requirements for Leave of Absences (LOA) in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA, USERRA, etc.) in collaboration with HR Team and others.
- Communicate need for and appropriate details of leaves to People Leaders for operational planning; maintain appropriate communications with employees on leave including responding to employee questions through email, phone calls and in-person conversations.
- Process all LOA paperwork; monitor and track leave of absences through internal payroll and timekeeping systems; manage reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases.
- Process employee status changes in the HRIS and electronic personnel files system accurately and in a timely fashion; reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity, and support routine reporting requests.
- Work with People Leaders and HR Recruiting Team to convey function’s recruiting needs and participate in recruitment as appropriate; participate in interviews for critical positions.
- Regularly communicate with HR Team about the state of HR within assigned function(s) and collaborate on common challenges and opportunities.
- With HR Team, develop implementation plans for agency Human Resources programs and effectively communicate to leaders and employees.
- With other HR, Learning, and Strategy and Integration staff, coordinate and facilitate
- onboarding, orientation, and training, as needed.
- Assist HR Benefits Team and function(s) with benefits open enrollment as needed.
- Follow and administer policies, procedures, and processes to ensure the organization is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations and requirements regarding benefits, Human Resources, wage and hour, and employment issues.
- Assist and advise all employees in following agency HR policies, procedures, and practices for consistency, fairness, and compliance with local, state, funder, and federal regulations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related field preferred, or equivalent Human Resources experience required.
- Minimum three years’ general Human Resources experience required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of related state and federal laws and regulations required.
- Leadership and cross-functional facilitation skills necessary.
- Requires flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple projects and relationships, while maintaining focus on critical Human Resources processes.
- Able to travel 25-50% of time among Los Angeles area locations.
- Strong customer service orientation required. Must possess a courteous and professional demeanor and exhibit good judgment when assisting/interacting with others.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information.
- Strong attention to detail required to produce thorough, accurate and high-quality work.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.