At The Huntington, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to support and promote the appreciation of the humanities, the arts, and botanical science. The Huntington is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Here we are committed to the highest of standards in all that we do – from preserving and protecting the collections, to exhibitions, educational and scholarly programming, visitor and reader services, and beyond. Achieving excellence across these pursuits requires a diversity of perspectives, expertise, experience, and methodologies.
We are better together. We believe an explicit commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion directly impacts and improves staff and audience engagement and experience.
The Huntington seeks a talented and experienced Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. The Coordinator is responsible for facilitating all key HR functions and programs. The position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and will proactively work towards streamlining policies and procedures to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Execute and deliver on internal process improvements to drive effectiveness and efficiencies for the HR team
- Assist with HR digital transformation
- Organize employee engagement activities
- Social media management
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests
- Liaise with other departments or functions i.e. (payroll, technology)
- Assisting with email templates, agendas, calendaring, and other form templates
- Maintaining records of personnel related data
- On-boards new hires and processes terminations
- Complete other HR duties as assigned
- Strong written and oral communication, and analytical skills.
- Strong organization skills. Able to meet deadlines. Able to understand issues and take initiative to develop and implement ways to address them.
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills, and professional demeanor in communicating with staff members at all levels throughout the institution
- Ability to work discreetly, effectively and efficiently with highly confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 1-3 years of Human Resources or administrative experience (required)
- Experience with Workday (preferred
We provide completive compensation, generous benefits and perks for all eligible employees including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403(b) basic retirement plan and optional matching retirement plan with an outstanding employer match
- Considerable paid time off, including annual leave, sick leave, and holidays
- Commuter benefits (pre-tax income for mass transit expenses and free parking)
- Discounts for staff in The Huntington Store and restaurants
- Access to the Museums Council pass, which grants free admission to various museums and cultural institutions
- Free passes each month to welcome family and friends to visit the grounds
The Application Process
Visit us at https://www.huntington.org/employment to apply directly!
Please submit a cover letter and CV/resume as a single PDF attachment.