The Harris Products Group | Gainesville, GA
Are you an experienced Buyer up for the challenge of owning the complete buying process for a wide variety of resale and manufactured parts? If so, Harris has your next opportunity. As a Buyer, you will be responsible for procuring all raw materials, components, and buying/reselling finished goods and supplies to support facility operations and sales teams. You will develop commodity strategies to drive cost savings and improve the sourcing and supplier selection for the division. While working strategically with suppliers and evaluating performance, you will execute Sales, Inventory, and Operating Planning (SIOP) for key product categories to improve lead times and on-time delivery.
Why join our Harris team?
- Competitive compensation structure, performance-based bonus opportunity, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K match, and more.
- An innovative and award-winning industry leader with a comprehensive commitment to quality and excellence.
- An environment where employees are valued for contributions to the company and rewarded for performance.
Qualified candidates should be customer-focused and have:
- A 4-year degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field; or an Associates degree with 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience with both domestic and international procurement and negotiations.
- Preferred: Six Sigma Green Belt and CPM or APICS Certification (CPIM and/or CSCP).
- Strong technical skills including a high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; experience with SAP strongly preferred.
- A comprehensive knowledge of procurement processes including supplier development and performance management, analyzing and negotiating contracts, Purchase Price Variance (PPV), ISO processes, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Kanban systems and Vendor Managed Inventory Programs (VMI), and Cost Control Management.
- Ability to perform market surveys and analyze cost and pricing data to determine best value.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and manage procurement and inventories from a remote location.
- An analytical and proactive, hands-on approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Demonstrated success with managing several projects and priorities simultaneously and independently.
- Exceptional organization skills with ability to gather, record, and maintain accurate data, files, and entries while ensuring data integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people of varying levels of education/experience.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as needed- less than 10% of the time.
The Harris Products Group, a Lincoln Electric company headquartered in Mason, Ohio, is the global leader in the design and manufacture of gas welding and cutting equipment, industrial and specialty gas regulation equipment, gas distribution systems, brazing and soldering alloys and welding consumables.
The Harris Products Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Tobacco and Drug Free Workplace.
Visit harrisproductsgroup.com to learn more.