Summary: Data Trust, a dynamic political data organization focused on developing and nurturing top talent focused on center-right leaning advocacy and support is actively seeking an Election Data Coordinator. This full-time position will assist the data team with collecting raw data files, processing election results, and assisting with client requests. Significant time and resources will be spent developing data and technology skills.
Why work at Data Trust?
Do you love data? Have a passion for politics? Enjoy manipulating sophisticated data and learning about redistricting in real time? If so, you are looking at your dream job!
- Acquire raw data files by reaching out to secretary of state offices, state boards of elections, or other sources of election data
- Format raw data into statewide files that include the results of all elections in a given state and year
- Update historical files with changes caused by redistricting
- Aid in the modernization of our database infrastructure
- Work with team members to evaluate and improve existing systems, processes, and customize requests to clients needs
- Analyze election results and other datasets to provide actionable insights to clients, and proactively solicit client feedback
- Adapt to ever-changing client needs and build a knowledge of campaign strategies and how Data Trust can help clients measure success and reach their goals
- Excel experience is required, SQL knowledge and experience are preferred
- 0-2 years of professional experience working with numbers, preferably with political data
- Strong attention to detail regarding large tables of vote totals and distinct labels
- Political background or interest is preferred
- Possess an understanding of how data educates and interacts with the political process on all levels
- You have strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills that can operate in a sometimes high-pressure fast-paced environment while not missing deadlines or losing attention to detail
- Maximize use of downtime to broaden skill set and evaluate existing processes
- You love being part of a team, but can also operate independently
- An understanding and willingness to work outside of “9-5” as needed
* In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. As a matter of company policy, we are not able to sponsor visas.*
** Currently, Data Trust is working remotely through May 2021. Our main concern is the safety and health of our employees and their families. The current expectation is for this position to be based in Washington, D.C., but we are open to all candidates across the U.S. as we continue to navigate the pandemic and its effect on our office environment.**