The D. E. Shaw group seeks motivated individuals with an impressive record of academic and/or professional achievement to join our Systems team as a systems administrator. Systems administrators provide support, automation, and management for a wide variety of enterprise technology, including a sophisticated Windows and Linux desktop/server environment, cutting-edge storage and clustered computing solutions, and a number of communications platforms.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
- Systems administrators are responsible for a variety of support and project work across a wide range of technology, including but not limited to Windows PCs and servers, UNIX servers, mobile devices, and an advanced communications infrastructure. Some support and project work may include: troubleshooting complex technical issues, administration of various infrastructure-level systems, and automation and efficiency improvements. Successful team members are resourceful, with a keen ability to combine independent research, prior experience, and critical analysis to resolve unfamiliar problems and advance challenging work.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Candidates will have an interest in both building technology and helping others use it effectively. They’ll successfully combine impressive research and analytical skills to resolve unfamiliar problems and advance challenging work.
- Applicants should have knowledge of the Microsoft Windows enterprise environment and standard applications, such as Microsoft Office, and a demonstrated interest in improving process and technology. They should be familiar with general systems administration, including hardware and software administration, phone, desk-side, trade floor, and/or remote user support. Applicants should also have familiarity with a Linux environment and experience with Python, PowerShell, and/or other scripting languages.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are critical, as the role involves working with global colleagues across a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, and projects.
- In keeping with our firm’s culture and the ever-changing nature of our work, we’re more interested in talent, curiosity, and motivation as demonstrated by an impressive history of achievement than we are in any particular skill or experience.
Interested candidates can apply through our website: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Oncampus/Handshake
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant, employee, or former employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other category protected by law. All employment-related decisions are based solely on legitimate non-discriminatory business reasons.