The D. E. Shaw group seeks talented, intellectually curious individuals to join our Rotational Associates Program. Rotational associates collaborate on challenging, meaningful projects while rotating through three to four departments over the course of their first year at the firm.The program is designed to provide broad exposure to the firm’s activities while receiving coaching and mentoring in key areas—including financial modeling, project management, and quantitative and qualitative research—from accomplished colleagues who have wide-ranging academic, professional, and personal backgrounds.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
- Associates use their current strengths to innovate and make recommendations that impact the way we invest and operate, and build new skills that help shape the course of their careers.
- Previous projects have included evaluating investment opportunities on our Global Macro desk, assessing the technological differentiation and landscape for surgical robots for our Fundamental Equities group, or researching whether or not to start a litigation finance business as part of the Corporate Development team.
- Associates have gone on to manage investment portfolios and make other significant contributions at the firm.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- We welcome applications from individuals from all professions and academic fields and neither expect nor require previous finance knowledge or experience; past rotational associates majored in economics, engineering, history, natural sciences, and philosophy before joining the firm.
- Accomplished and creative critical thinkers with an interest in finance and a desire to learn and take on a new challenge will excel in this role. Rotational associates are also highly analytical.
Interested candidates can apply through our website: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Oncampus/Handshake
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant, employee, or former employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other category protected by law. All employment-related decisions are based solely on legitimate non-discriminatory business reasons.