The D. E. Shaw group seeks an impressive team player to join its Management Company Accounting and Reporting teams as an associate with a focus on payroll and compensation-related projects. This role requires high ethical standards and measured discretion, provides broad exposure to the firm, and involves interacting with the firm’s senior management. At our firm, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and engaging working environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
The associate will work on a variety of activities and initiatives including comprehensive compensation processes, payroll processing, tax reporting, withholding and compliance, global mobility, and systems implementations. The role offers exposure to a broad range of the firm’s activities, growth opportunities, and substantial interaction with other internal departments including Human Capital, Tax, the COO Group, and software development teams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• A bachelor’s degree and one to two years of experience in an accounting, reporting, or payroll-related function at a hedge fund, investment manager, or other financial services firm is preferred, though talented candidates without such experience will be considered.
• A facility with numbers, the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and a high level of organization and detail orientation are all prerequisites. A demonstrated efficiency in handling a high volume of projects and complex transactions is also a must.
• The role requires excellent communication skills, technological savvy (particularly with Excel), and the ability to see the bigger picture while still maintaining an attention to detail.
• Proactive individuals who are critical thinkers, problem solvers, and project managers will excel in this role.
• Experience working with Workday and/or other current market-leading payroll solutions is a decided plus.
Interested candidates can apply through our website: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Ads/Handshake/CompAssociateMay2021
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant, employee, or former employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other category protected by law. All employment-related decisions are based solely on legitimate non-discriminatory business reasons.