About this Job
We are seeking a tax accountant to join our team and continue their career in the exciting world of international taxation.
- Preparation of individual, corporate, partnership, and trust & estate income tax returns for an international clientele
- Tax planning for nonresident aliens and foreign entities with U.S. assets/income
- Tax planning for U.S. citizens, green card holders, and U.S. entities with foreign assets/income
- Preparation of Canadian individual tax forms
- Routine tax research on various international tax matters
- Tax research projects for clients
- Consultations with current and prospective clients on complex and unique international and cross-border tax matters
- Review income and estate tax treaties with various countries, as required
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a degree (or near completion) in accounting (with an emphasis in tax preferred)
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with U.S. tax forms and schedules (either through work or school)
- Must have experience with tax research (either through work or school)
- Ability to thoroughly research and effectively communicate tax issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Must have ability to work with others
- Competitive Pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance paid by the firm
- 401(k) plan with 3% non-elective contributions made by the firm
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible hours
- CPE reimbursement
- CPA exam review course and exam fees reimbursement
About The Brunton, Strachan & Khan CPA Firm
We are US international tax accountants with over 30 years of experience providing individuals and entities throughout the globe with US cross-border tax assistance.
We provide US international tax consulting and planning services in connection with cross border income and cross-border transactions involving US citizens, US residents, green card holders, nonresident aliens, and high net worth individuals, as well as foreign corporations, foreign partnerships, and foreign trusts.
US and Canadian tax return preparation, and other US tax compliance requirements such us international reporting forms are also routine cross-border tax services provided. US tax amnesty submissions, including the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs (OVDP) and the IRS Streamlined Offshore Procedures have similarly constituted a significant portion of our work.
Other customary services include US estate tax planning, preparation of US estate tax returns, and assistance in renouncing US citizenship, or abandoning a green card.
Formulating US business structures and structuring US real estate investments, together with providing any relevant guidance on US State Sales Tax and US State Income Tax for Canadian corporations and other non-US corporations contemplating US activities is a major segment of our work.
We also provide US immigration support and pre-move planning for nonresident aliens anticipating a move to the US, and pre-move planning for Canadians emigrating from Canada, including Canadian Departure Tax matters.