The Director of Oncology Services is responsible for developing and coordinating a comprehensive and integrated oncology service line for the Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center (MBPCC) at Terrebonne General Medical Center (TGMC) (herein the Cancer Program). This position seeks to optimize the continuum of care, achieve goals regarding clinical outcomes, customer satisfaction, market share and financial performance. Additionally, this position seeks to further the growth and development of the Cancer Program as described in the Cooperative Endeavor Agreement by and between TGMC and MBPCC. The administrative and operations responsibilities include the management of outpatient services including medical oncology, cancer registry, clinical research/trials, and community outreach programs. This position also serves as the chairman of the Cancer Program Leadership Team and a member of the Integrated Cancer Committee.
1. Minimum of 5 years supervisory/management experience in a clinic or hospital setting including experience with health system organization, policies and procedures, process improvement, data analysis, project management, team building, benchmarking and community service programs. Oncology program experience highly preferred.
2. A Master’s degree in HealthCare Management/Administration or related clinical field is preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving skills, negotiating, conflict management and team building skills preferred.
4. Strong verbal and writing skills preferred.
5. Strong business acumen with an ability to successfully translate goals into action preferred.