KIDY is looking for an experienced Meteorologist to join our team. The successful candidate must have a passion for winning severe weather and telling a compelling weather story even on bright sunny days. We are looking for a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to reporting in the field. You must be prepared to forecast for weather events that include thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, wind, snow and ice. You will be an integral part of severe weather coverage, and reaching our consumers not only on TV, but online and on social media. The ideal candidate embraces new technology and is willing to explore new ways to present the weather story. Another “must have” is to understand the importance of community involvement by speaking at schools and other community functions.
• Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts in a multi-platform environment
• Produce clean, creative and informative graphics to tell the weather story
• Write, edit, and report from the field or inside the newsroom
• Updates website and interacts with viewers on social media platforms daily
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Makes public appearances
• Effectively and positively reflect the station in the community at all times
• Bachelor’s degree, in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science
• Be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, and fill-in when necessary
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced and deadline driven environment