FOX West Texas, a TEGNA FOX affiliate in San Angelo, Texas, is looking for a digital content producer/multi-skilled journalist to join our growing team.
We’re looking to redefine how local news is covered and delivered, and our next digital producer/MSJ should embody that mindset.
The ideal candidate is a journalist who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media. This position will produce original content for FOX West Texas that will reach our viewers whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time.
The successful candidate is innovative with strong video editing and writing skills combined with solid news judgment. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of online content management system software, video and photo-editing skills, and the ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Write and post stories to all FOX West Texas online digital-mobile-social platforms
• Report the news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and generate web traffic through the application of advanced social media and SEO skills
• Monitor news releases, social media, and other online news sources
• Use social media listening skills to discover unique content
• Work with all newsroom team members on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination, and social listening
• Edit breaking videos for FOX West Texas, and social media
• Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
• Create enterprise content (stories, videos, photo galleries) for FOX West Texas digital platforms.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasts.
• Enterprise news stories.
• Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
• Three years’ experience working as a digital producer or journalist preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
• Excellent writing (stories, social, push notifications), editing, and proofreading skills
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills