FOX West Texas in San Angelo is looking for a dynamic and enterprising anchor/MSJ to join the award-winning and fastest-growing team in West Texas.
We are looking for a fresh, engaging, and dynamic voice to anchor and report. Our ideal candidate is someone who will take a leadership role, content creation, and writing. We want someone who can help lead in content innovation and support the newscasts that cut through the noise.
This role is much more than reading a prompter or reporting– it is about authenticity, relating with the audience, and providing context to the stories West Texans need to hear.
We want a digitally-savvy team member who can reach our audience and isn’t afraid to connect. We want to add your charisma, skill, and expertise to our culture. We want someone who is just as passionate about innovation in journalism as making the community a better place.
• Brainstorming big ideas with the team during editorial meetings and brainstorming sessions
• Work with news and marketing teams to create a franchise based on your personal passions and the needs of West Texas
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for television, mobile and social platforms
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting and accurate manner
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Texas/regional knowledge is a plus
• Perform other tasks as required
• Ability to shoot and edit
• Ability to adapt schedule required
• Must have examples of strong breaking, general and feature news anchoring and reporting
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook and a keen eye toward what’s trending locally and nationally.
• Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge of ENPS, Oasis and Premiere a plus
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Minimum 1-2 years of reporting.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• Resume reel with current work examples required to be considered