People describe you as supportive, driven, and dependable. You are someone that rises to the occasion, takes the initiative, and thrives in an unpredictable environment. You often ask yourself “what can I do to improve this process?” and “how can I be of assistance?”, and you’re always on the lookout for that one error that can mean the difference between $1,000 and $10,000!
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Juggling (no, not literally juggling– though that would be cool). You are a master at dealing with competing priorities.
- Accounting and handling numbers. Basically, cash rules everything around you.
- Constantly learning and not being afraid to tackle the unknown!
- Letting nothing slip through the cracks. You pay attention to the little things.
- Being a team player. You are just as eager and willing to do the glamorous tasks as the not-so-glamorous tasks.
- Adapting in a fast paced and unpredictable environment.
- Understanding the balance between transparency and discretion in your work. You are able to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly and professionally.
DAY TO DAY:
In this role, you’re at the helm of multiple departments, businesses, and individuals who are all driving the mission of driving revenue and opportunity for the company. Ensuring those efforts are accounted for and in tip top shape is critical to our long-term success. That’s where you come in! Each day you’ll balance your time in the following areas:
- Manage expenses, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable across multiple businesses
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to assist with various accounting duties
- Prepare financial reports for managers and executives
- Assist with manual data entry
- Review and oversee travel expenditures
- Support the rest of the administration team with various tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent professional experience
- Applied experience with basic accounting principles (a plus if you have experience with real estate accounting)
- Experience working in Quickbooks
- Experience with Google for Work (Sheets, Docs, Drive)
- Must be in or willing to relocate to Nashville, TN
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Aside from an outstanding company culture that fosters innovative ideas, teamwork, professional growth, and friendly competition, we offer great benefits. You’ll have the chance to work alongside fun, intelligent, and driven folks who believe in what we’re doing at TA. Check out our list of benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Weekly Career Development Meetings for your first 60 days, plus ongoing daily & weekly team huddles and an hour of 1:1 time with your manager every 2 weeks
- Fitness reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace app
- Bucket List Benefit
- Team Outings and Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice’s purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for four consecutive years. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards, as well as being honored as a Tennessee Top Workplace in 2019 and 2020.
At TA, we believe our differences make us stronger. We foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. Our DE&I committee hosts quarterly meetings and sessions to help us continually learn and grow. Our Core Values are: Be Transparent, Make Calculated Decisions, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, and Value Each Other.
Pre-employment screening required.