Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
- Ensures customer satisfaction in every step of problem resolution.
- Tracks detailed information about each customer’s service need in an on-line database.
- Documents diagnostic steps while troubleshooting reported problems.
- Conducts extensive research to find correct solutions.
- Provides quality support to IT and/or Electronic Commerce customers, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness.
- Assists team in meeting individual, team and organizational service level agreements.
- Researches, resolves, and responds to questions, in accordance with standards.
- Provides accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
- Escalates problems to appropriate individuals based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Participates in training to continually exchange technical and service skills needed to optimize profits
- Adheres to and helps to define/document troubleshooting scripts, standards and procedures for the Help Desk.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Qualifications, Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Able to assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to display assertiveness and a high level of self-confidence.
- Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency. Able to be immobile for long extended periods.
- Able to troubleshoot system-related problems.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to be attentive and foster two-way conversation.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure. Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to use common office equipment.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence.
- Able to provide courteous, timely service when addressing customer questions and concerns.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Knowledge and/or expertise in related area of responsibility.
- Possesses strong data entry skills.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc.) at an intermediate level.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline equivalent experience acceptable.
2+ years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience supporting IT applications and technical issues.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Within DLT Solutions, a Tech Data Company, diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.