This role will support several large IT Vendors, providing backend accounting validation/support and forward looking analysis of those vendor businesses. Examples of the vendors are HPE, Lenovo, etc, but are still to be deteremined. This is a driver of finding opportunities to maximize with the marketing teams who execute on those business opportunities. This role is critical as a partner and essential to the success of the teams.
Provides analytical support to a specific functional area, department, or division. Develops complex reporting for assigned area/department/division. Prepares and analyzes ad hoc operational or financial performance reports. Analyzes assigned issues and recommends appropriate courses of action to take.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Works with models for analyzing new business opportunities, efficiency initiatives, or other business issues
- Performs cost/benefit and ROI analyses
- Ad hoc analyses for management
- Maintains systems applications, including managing users, profiles, account access, security, and troubleshooting issues
- Compiles and loads data received from other departments utilizing spreadsheet and database applications Assists in preparation for management reviews and budgeting activities, as required
- Validates accuracy of reported #s Maintains management reports
- Distributes reports Coordinates robust testing plans for new enhancements.
- Develops basic/intermediate models for analyzing new business opportunities, efficiency initiatives, or other business issues Preparation for management reviews and budgeting activities, as required
- Tests and maintains management reports
- Develops intermediate/complex models for analyzing new business opportunities, efficiency initiatives, or other business issues
- Analyzes trends
- Develops presentations Designs, writes, tests and maintains management reports
- Develops/coordinates robust testing plans for new enhancements.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Associates degree minimum; Bachelors or above preferred and Approximately 2 – 10 years experience in Accounting, Finance, or Accounting Systems in specific job area or function
- Developed independent critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Will collaborate where necessary.
Analyst II experience plus the following:
- Ability to lead projects and task forces by setting timelines and expectations, assigning responsibilities, and defining scope of project as well as steps for completion.
- Ability to assimilate research data from a variety of sources as well as analyze and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Ability to apply knowledge, experience, and expertise when addressing complex issues.
- Ability to understand strategic goals of department clearly and maintain a big picture view.
- Ability to foresee obstacles and opportunities within area of responsibilities.
- Understands the impact of elements and processes as they relate to the overall business. Knowledge and application of Intermediate/Advanced Excel and Intermediate Access
- Ability to automate report development through the use of macros
- May require Intermediate knowledge of Accounting general ledger structures
- Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Builds solid and effective working relationships with others.
- Displays ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Actively takes part and provides relative contribution in all team tasks to ensure the final objective is met.
- Listens to customers – identifies, meets and is sensitive and responsive to their needs.
- Willingly addresses issues highlighted by customers in an effort to provide creative solutions.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of constructive criticism, rejection, or failure.
- Stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
- HIGH level of “self starting” thinking required for analysis, evaluation, creating, reasoning, and drawing conclusions/solutions; HIGH complexity of mental process to achieve in the role in order to come to solutions.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.