The Data Analyst will support sales, vendor management, marketing, business stakeholders and COE colleagues. The focus of this role includes developing and delivering the information necessary for making business decisions and providing actionable intelligence that allows senior management to better manage the business. Additional focus for this role may include interpreting data, analyzing results using various techniques and extracting information which can offer ways to improve products and business approaches thus influencing business decisions. This includes understanding and reviewing current processes and coordinating and collaborating across business and technology functions to ensure comprehensive solutions are delivered.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
• Proactively identify opportunities to enhance operational finance reports, analytical tools, and self-service capabilities in collaboration with Analytics COE Colleagues and IT (25%)
• Partner with the business to develop the data, tools, reporting and/or analysis needed to provide strategic and analytical support to help drive revenue, profit, and market share growth for Tech Data Corporation. (25%)
• Work with the Business Intelligence and Analytics team within IT as the primary business partner to deliver solutions in support of business needs. (20%)
• Work with business users to develop queries, portal views or intermediate to complex analytical models to provide the Sr Leaders with the information and proactive analysis they need to make informed business decisions. (30%)
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• 1 to 3 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree with Finance, Economics, MIS, Information Systems, Mathematics or related quantitative discipline field of study required.
• Other Education / Certifications: • Intermediate knowledge/experience with BI/BW tools, Data
• Visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI, SQL
• Familiarity with Statistical modeling techniques
• Familiarity with statistical and general programming languages such as R and/or Python is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent years of experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.