The Tech Data difference is in our people. Every day customers like Best Buy, CDW, Office Depot, etc… depend on us to help them cost-effectively support the technology needs of end users of all sizes, including small- and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, and consumers. Working for Tech Data, you will be supporting manufacturers such as, Apple, Brocade, Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare, etc…
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
- Stays current with vendor-specific technical certifications in order to make appropriate recommendations to resellers on the configuration and design of system solutions.
- Provides pre-sales technical support/solutions and configuration design expertise to partners and Sales teams on the Cisco product portfolio. Uses independent judgement and discretion in making solution recommendations.
- Provides phone support in accordance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provides sales/marketing support to increase vendor and product awareness.
- Provides technical presentations/training to sales, support, and customers.
- Participates in departmental projects.
- Reports on key metrics as designated by product line(s) of responsibility and distribute monthly update to SE Manager, Product Marketing Team, and vendor representative(s).
- Log customer calls, emails and training/consultations.
- Provide technical and non-technical input to colleagues as appropriate. Promotes pre-sales technical support including phone support, system diagrams, proposals, and training in order to grow the sales of a funding vendor’s product line.
- Develops tactical plan and performs associated duties necessary to support QVO. * Perform other duties and responsibilities deemed necessary by Systems Engineering Management or Team Lead.
- Performs additional duties as assigned. *Meets attendance and punctuality standards.
- Configure Basic/Mid-level Configurations (Examples)
- Ability to answer phones calls and emails to resolve partner queries/questions (100%)
- 90% /queue based
- Government Bid/RFQs
- Analyze and triage requests.
- Appropriate use of tools to configure requests.
- Communications skills
- Interface with vendors and partners.
- Organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Data Sheet reviews & Research to improve output.
- Training, time spent with mentoring resources on the team
- Skills sets needed role:
- Technology focused.
- Critical thinking and decisiveness
- Demonstrate ability to identify and use appropriate tools to configure requests.
- Demonstrate verbal, written, interpersonal communications skills sufficient to work in a successful team environment and effectively interface with supplier and partner representatives by telephone and e-mail.
- Demonstrate working-level attention to detail and the ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks based on identified process requirements
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations. Able to be attentive and foster two-way conversation.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at a basic level.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence.
- Able to provide courteous, timely service when addressing customer questions and concerns.
Knowledge and/or expertise in related area of responsibility.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at an intermediate level.
- Minimum of (1) year pre-sales support and marketing experience working directly with customers
- Minimum of (3) years technical support experience with PC’s, high-end servers, local area networks, and associated components with at least (1) year in a phone support environment
- Previous trade show experience
- Knowledge of various PC components, software, peripherals, desktop platforms, applications, standalone and network operating systems, with strong technical abilities in at least (1) of these areas.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.