The Associate Data Analyst is responsible for providing day to day Reporting/BI support to Sales and Vendor Management. This includes understanding and reviewing current processes and coordinating and collaborating across business and technology functions to ensure comprehensive solutions are delivered.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
Develop self-service reporting and dashboards to increase visibility of core KPIs (utilizing BI query and dashboarding tools such as Tableau) (25%)
Prepare ad hoc reporting as needed, which could include vendor or customer RFP data, data in support of sales or vendor initiatives, Company initiatives, Executive requests and other needs as determined by leadership (25%)
Maintain reporting and analytical tools, which could include existing Tableau dashboards, Vendor or Customer Point of Sales Reporting, Sales Enablement tools (such as Productivity, Activity Reporting, Pipeline), External data sources and others as developed. (20%)
Partner with Analytics COE colleagues and business areas to assess reporting, analysis and data visualization needs (10%)
Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate and timely information, which could include troubleshooting daily reporting for Sales and Vendor teams as well as reconciling with analysts in other areas. (10%)
Promote and train business contacts on self-service reporting tools(10%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
No prior experience necessary.
Education & Certifications:
•Bachelor’s Degree with Finance, Economics, MIS, Information Systems or related quantitative discipline Field of Study preferred.
Some College with Finance, Economics, MIS, Information Systems or related quantitative discipline field of study required.
Other Education / Certifications: Basic knowledge/experience with BI/BW tools, Data Visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI, SQL
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• Professional, office environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
'Canes, are you interested in connecting with UM students and alumni for mentorship and networking? Join Cane2Cane!