An Accountant I on the Co-Op Accounting Team, assists in daily and monthly accounting processes supporting our various Marketing Departments and Vendor Relationships. This role completes various account analyses and/or account billings while partnering with major IT Vendors (e.g. Apple, HP, Cisco, etc.). Identifies, researches, and resolves items impacting the financial statements.
Sound interesting? If so, check out the below video to see what it’s like to work at Tech Data!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Assists in the preparation of various account analyses and reconciliations Provides financial/analytical support to various departments Researches issues
- Processor reviews incoming Vendor price announcements and manages these announcements within a shared email location.
- Requires follow up with Product Marketing and/or Vendor contacts to secure additional data points or clarify existing data points.
- Processor may also audit and review system generated price protection claim proposals and must submit claims to Vendor’s within the filing windows.
- Assists in the collection and dissemination of financial information
- Processor reviews resulting data and determines which changes will be submitted after additional review of large percentage changes.
- Position requires audit of supporting documentation for appropriate source and applicable data for current purchase price, MSRP, and effective date.
- Attention to detail, organization, accuracy, and ability to audit incoming claims for specific criteria is critical.
- Processor will be pulling large amounts of data from multiple sources and attention to detail is needed to evaluate necessary changes.
- Escalates issues noted to management in a timely manner
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Required Educational: Associates minimum, Bachelors or above preferred
- Approximately 1-2 years experience required in Accounting preferred.
- Intermediate or advanced Excel user.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Escalates issues noted to management in a timely manner.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise documentation.
- Possesses strong organizational, time management, and good prioritization skills in driving tasks to completion.
- Works independently with appropriate level of supervision.
- Quickly determines source of problem and identifies information needed to solve problem. Diagnoses problems efficiently and makes sound, timely decisions.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, adaptable to change, displays accuracy and timeliness, professionalism, teamwork, able to maintain confidential information.
- Problem Solving: “Self starting” thinking required for analysis, evaluation, creating, reasoning, and drawing conclusions/solutions;
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.