We are looking to bring on a Business Development Representative (BDR) to manage our inbound lead flow. In this extremely important role, you will be responsible for contacting new inbound leads, evaluating their needs and potential, filling in relevant client details into our CRM (Salesforce), and routing them to the appropriate team member, if they are qualified. Some leads may be harder to contact then others, this person isn’t afraid to chase someone down until they get in touch.
This process, when done well, will set up our Account Executive team for success by passing them only legitimate opportunities, with clients that are a fit, with the background information needed to hit the ground running. It will also give our Marketing team the metrics and information necessary to know what is working and what is not.
- Meet with and contact new inbound leads to evaluate their needs
- Form and maintain lasting relationships with potential customers to really set the tone for what it’s like to work with SwagUp – you’ll be the first point of contact and we want to ensure our BDR makes a lasting impression!
- Keep our CRM (Salesforce) up to date with lead data
- Routing qualified leads to the appropriate team member on our Sales team
- Managing our Intercom chat, team email, inbound phone calls, and re-engaging with our old leads that did not end up converting into customers, to ensure they do convert into customers!
- Connect and engage with new leads on social platforms like LinkedIn or Twitter
- Working alongside the marketing team to relay feedback and insights from discovery calls with leads to be integrated into our campaigns.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- 1 year of sales experience
- Bonus if you have sales or sales development experience
- Bonus if you follow the startup landscape!
- Experience with Salesforce highly desired, Salesloft is a plus
- Track record in overachieving in everything you do!
- The ideal candidate is hungry to do something great, curious to keep learning and organized
- Great listening skills, personable and outgoing phone presence, and self-motivated.
- Strive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Customer-obsessed! New leads need to genuinely feel that from our BDR.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Vetting, qualifying, and converting inbound leads for the sales function of SwagUp.
- Remain organized, efficient, and on-target while managing a high volume of inbound activity.
- Hitting metrics and goals set by team
- Leads converted attributing to direct sales
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon
SwagUp is an API first company where top brands can create, automate, and distribute swag. We take all the heavy lifting from design work, assembly, storage, and shipping worldwide. Our platform allows clients to work collaboratively with all their co-workers on any swag project without the headaches!
If you like challenging the status quo, and working in small, unstructured environments, you’ll fit right in.
We’ve accomplished so much in under 4 years, but we’ve just begun to crack the surface. We look forward to meeting you.