The Coordinator to the Producing Director is charged with providing full administrative support to the Director, managing a complex schedule and all incoming requests and opportunities.
Working closely under the Producing Director, the Coordinator will aid in the planning and implementation of Sundance Institute programs and activities, including Festival and Lab operations; year-round programming; and industry and artist activities. We are seeking candidates who are excited about what we do and who understand how much small details matter in making our efforts successful.
Sundance Institute currently has offices in Los Angeles, Park City, and New York City, with all staff working remotely through the duration of the pandemic. This position works full time out of one of our three offices, with a preference given to candidates based in New York or Utah. This role will be required to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, at key points throughout the year and may travel during Festivals, Labs, and other Institute events to work onsite and accompany the Producing Director as needed.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
Producing Director Support
- Scheduling and maintaining a comprehensive calendar for the Producing Director and relevant programs, including preparing materials in advance and confirming all meetings.
- Providing a full range of administrative support for the office of the Producing Director, including managing phone calls, e-mails, drafting, and writing correspondences, among others.
- Keeping the Producing Director on task with meetings to ensure schedules and itineraries are met.
- Liaising between the Producing Director and internal staff and external stakeholders, managing the flow of information and requests.
- During the Sundance Film Festival, Labs, and other events, supporting the Director on a daily basis, administratively and otherwise, including managing daily calendar, coordinating attendance at events, prep for speaking engagements and press requests, and coordinating transportation.
- Drafting correspondence and communicating remarks, preparing presentations, and coordinating gifts, thank-yous, and other follow-ups on behalf of the Producing Director.
Department and Institute Support
- Developing project timelines and managing deadlines across department activities.
- Assisting operational planning for Festival events by maintaining a master calendar and ensuring internal deadlines are met.
- Assisting with research and special projects, and providing additional support to the team as requested.
- Collaborating with Advancement, Operations, Tech, Events, and Digital teams to provide departmental support and assist in the execution of department initiatives.
- Maintaining a department-wide planning calendar including Festival and Lab activities, communications outreach efforts pertaining to Collective and Industry Relations, and Institute-wide programming activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other industry assistants.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Passion for Sundance Institute’s mission.
- 2 years of work experience in an administrative capacity or related.
- Interest in independent film and the film industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required to work with a wide variety of constituents.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to track small details.
- Proactive, positive, and no-task-too small attitude.
- Professional demeanor and excellent discretion with the ability to maintain confidential information
- Project coordination skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluency in Google Applications and in MS Office (especially Excel).
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends at key points throughout the year.
- Experience working with databases such as Netsuite or FileMaker preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you…
- If you’re proactive, accountable, and not afraid to ask questions.
- Provide seamless administrative support for the office of the Producing Director and contribute to the success of Institute initiatives.
In addition to a competitive hourly pay based on the state of residence, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
- Over 25 paid holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid sick, family, and medical leave
- 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
- Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
- Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers
APPLYING TO SUNDANCE INSTITUTE
We believe individuals can spark new ideas that entertain, push creative boundaries, and ignite empathy and understanding that can ultimately lead to social change. We not only look for these attributes in the artists we support, but the extraordinary talent that we hire to bring our mission to life. With that, we encourage individuals from diverse and historically underrepresented communities, as well as those with unique and transferable skill-sets from various industries, to apply to join the Sundance Institute community.
If you have the qualifications and feel you would enjoy and excel in this position, please prepare a cover letter and resume for your application to give us a summary of an accomplishment in a similar role and why Sundance Institute would be your employer of choice!