Job Description Summary
Are you a self-driven, enthusiastic, and resourceful Scientist with immunology experience? Do you have experience with magnetic cell separation techniques, flow cytometry, and immune cell-based assays? STEMCELL Technologies is a fast-growing, privately owned biotechnology company looking for a motivated Scientific Sales Representative to help grow our revenue and support the use of our Cell Separation products by customers in the fields of immunology, cancer and cell therapy, among others. We strive for profitable growth and support great science through a sales team that is both scientifically astute and comfortable communicating solutions to a dynamic and intelligent customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, propose, and implement quarterly territory plans to meet revenue goals.
- Assist customers in troubleshooting their experiments including but not limited to tissue preparation, magnetic cell separation, flow cytometry analysis, and immune cell-based assays.
- Gain an understanding of customers’ projects through in-person meetings, phone calls, and emails, in order to position our Cell Separation and Immunology related products as valuable solutions to their needs.
- Develop and maintain valuable relationships with existing customers to fully support their workflow.
- Strategize and identify high-value prospective customers, create initial contact (cold calling), generate opportunities to sell our product portfolio and close sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge to sell consultatively and challenge prospective clients on solutions that best meet their needs.
- Work collaboratively with Inside Sales to follow up on new leads and referrals in a timely and effective manner.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and seminars as required.
- Prepare price quotations and negotiate discounts.
- Document all communications and customer interactions in CRM (Salesforce.com).
- Liaise with internal Scientific Support staff and Research and Development staff regarding difficult troubleshooting and product development.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Immunology is preferred. Degrees in Hematology, Molecular Biology or an allied science is accepted with immunology-related experience.
- Basic understanding of the Cell Separation market.
- Excellent self-awareness, enthusiasm, intrinsic motivation and resourcefulness.
- Proven ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Sales experience is an asset but is not required.