WHO ARE WE?
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we’ve evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work. We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace well-being in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
Since the 1970’s, Steelcase Professional Accelerated Career Entry (PACE) program has been a highly regarded and successful post-graduate Sales program within the contract furniture industry. The program is designed for entry-level professionals to launch and propel their career in consultative sales. As a participant in this program, you will have the opportunity to learn from a diverse and passionate team of individuals in a highly creative, innovative, and collaborative environment. Steelcase invests a significant number of resources in the development and success of PACE participants and ensures high visibility throughout the company.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As a PACE Sales Associate, you will spend 18-months in Grand Rapids, Michigan at our Global Headquarters location among other PACE participants working in a learning-based environment. This is an entry level program and the intent is to develop participants for one of our many field-based outside sales role across the United States.
This is a full time, salaried role with competitive benefits and incentives. Relocation support is offered to those outside of the Greater Grand Rapids area.
The 18-month program will consist of:
- -Dedicated Leadership: Program Manager, Learning & Development Coach, Direct Supervisor & Mentor
- -Onboarding and induction program
- Participation in our EDGE sales onboarding program; Steelcase branded -Onboarding program required for all new Sales hires, with a focus on Product, Pricing, and real-world sales situations
- -Field based assignments working with our sales teams, dealers, customers and A&D firms
- -Attend the national sales conference and annual sales team meetings based on future role preference
- -Attend PACE networking events with Steelcase leadership and PACE alumni
- -Additional Enhanced learning opportunities to gain expertise in: Steelcase and our partner portfolio of products; Steelcase’s dealer network and alliances; Strategic account planning; Consultative selling techniques aligned to user and workplace insights; Pricing, contracts and specification processes; Manufacturing and co-design processes; Enhanced presentation, storytelling and written communications; Steelcase’s product development & launch process (PD&L) to understand the process of taking an insight to launching a product into the market.
WHO ARE YOU?
- -You are a college graduate who has a desire to pursue a career in Sales.
- -You are an energetic, self-starter and highly adaptable individual with a competency in building partnerships and trust.
- -You are comfortable with ambiguity and being put in new situations. Change does not stress you out!
- -You are a strong communicator with exceptional planning and organization skills
- -You are naturally curious with a passion for continuous learning and applying what you have learned. You take ownership over your personal development.
- -You have an aptitude for Consultative Sales, persuasion, and initiating action essential for success.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in a business-related major. Graduation from a Sales program is a bonus!
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Minimum of one, but preferably two, internships in a Sales or Sales related role
The PACE program will have a non-negotiable start date in June 2020. This is a full-time, salaried role that will require you to live and work in Grand Rapids, Michigan for 18 months and will travel quarterly to visit dealers, customers and our sales teams.
After graduation from the program, you will be placed in a field-based Sales role which will require relocation to another major US market. Based on performance and development during the program, we will work with you to find the right role and location based on your skills, interest, and role availability.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.