Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms, and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, inclusive, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
The Sales & Marketing Development Program (SMDP) offers a structured start to your personal career path. Over the course of your tenure in SMDP, you will experience two to three roles and be supported with a comprehensive training program. These experiences will develop your skills in sales and marketing through a variety of roles. SMDP immerses you in the world of our end-users, customers, and business partners at multi-billion-dollar retailers and commercial job sites.
In your first role, as a sales representative, you will manage a sales territory of either Home Depot or Lowe’s Home Improvement stores. In this role, you’re responsible for sales, merchandising and events. You’ll build relationships with key decision makers and collaborate to create a market strategy for your territory. This is an active, hands-on role. You’ll work daily in the retail environment and will need to be able to build displays and climb ladders in order to merchandise products.
Following the first role, you’ll have the opportunity to advance your career into other sales and marketing positions within our retail, commercial and industrial divisions. We encourage you to pursue several of these roles to build a solid foundation for a long-lasting career. Many successful leaders in retail sales, commercial and industrial sales, brand marketing, product development and channel marketing started their careers in the Sales & Marketing Development Program.
While in SMDP, your development and growth will be supported through a well-rounded training curriculum; focused on the job, online and instructor lead classes. These trainings provide the knowledge and understanding of our products and industry. Throughout the program you will have the opportunity to relocate 2-3 times to major metropolitan cities across the United States and grow your professional network.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter, energized working independently and in a team-based environment. We’re seeking someone with effective selling skills, a resourceful problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work with a wide variety of people from the retail consumers to Stanley Black & Decker leadership.
More About Your Role:
Home Depot and Lowe’s are two of the top retailers for Stanley Black & Decker products. Marketing and merchandising strategies are developed at the corporate level and you will ensure those strategies are implemented at the store level.
In a typical day, you will visit two stores in your territory, rotating these stores on a frequent basis. You’ll invest your time building relationships with key store personnel, executing merchandising strategies to assist the sell through of products at the store, and create and execute event initiatives.
- Full-time, salaried position
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 10 Holidays + 2 Diversity Days
- Company vehicle, gas card, laptop, printer and cellphone provided
- Extensive training program
- Personalized career path catered to achieve your goals
Successful candidates meet the following requirements:
- Humble & Accountable
- Creative and resourceful
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to relocate 2-3 times within the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years equivalent work experience in a sales or customer service role (retail or field experience preferred), or equivalent Military experience
- Must be willing to travel regionally, work occasional weekends
- Pass an MVR check given that this position is driving in nature
- Bilingual is a plus
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative. Where there is a deep sense of pride, passion and belonging that transcends any role, business unit, language or country. And where all employees feel valued, heard and positioned to do their best work every day. Learn more about our inclusive workforce here:https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/careers/our-inclusive-workforce
- #1 Mogul’s Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women
- #4 Mogul’s Top 100 Innovators in Diversity & Inclusion
- #45 100 Best Corporate Citizens
- Perfect Score of 100 Corporate Equality Index for LGBTQ Workplace Equality, Human Rights Campaign
- Best Companies for Happiness, Comparably
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To learn more about Sales & Marketing Development Program visit https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/careers/early-career/sales-and-marketing-development-program