Purpose of Position:
The District Manager is a role model and a leader for the organization. They must be able to solve problems, make informed decisions, and manage the workforce in a timely manner in order to achieve maximum results. They are responsible for managing sales and operations, controlling expenses and payroll budgets, handling personnel issues along with ensuring the highest level of customer service throughout the stores.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Growth
- Identify key seasons specific to each location to maximize sales and product turns, by having the right amount of product at the right time for that location.
- Work with Managers and Buyers to place high margin products in high visibility areas to increase sales per square foot.
- Visit competitors and focus on what we can improve on in terms of selection and price.
- Assist Store Managers in identifying potential new customers inside and outside their market to continually grow their sales.
- Work with managers to maximize conversion rates.
- Identify key items in each market to increase sales and maximize payroll dollars.
- Review department rankings to ensure that all departments in a given store rank similar. Focus on improving any weak areas in each store.
- Train and coach the Store Manager in the execution of daily tasks and how to maximize sales.
- Teach and monitor sales training.
- Help solve problems that affect store service, efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
- Work in partnership with corporate support to manage new store sets, remodels, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
- Budget/Payroll Control
- Work with stores daily on payroll to maximize sales and minimize expense by understanding trends and moving hours to appropriate areas.
- Work with Store Managers on all budgeting aspects.
- Work with Managers to drive down negatives to increase accuracy in inventory, minimize shrink, and catch mistakes.
- Train management on all hiring practices.
- Monitor cycle counts weekly to ensure we are maintaining accurate inventory to maximize sales potential.
- Make sure each store is up to date with their website obligations, i.e. fishing report, seminar schedules, etc.
- Oversee merchandise placement and displays in accordance with corporate layout.
- Coordinate store promotions and activities with the Store Managers.
- Oversee compliance of Store Managers with all company policies and operational standards, i.e. safekeeping of company funds and property, personnel practices, security, sales and record keeping procedures, overall maintenance of the stores, etc.
- Work with HR to help resolve any store and employee issues.
- Follow up with and address customer complaints.
- Ensure that proper channels of communication exist between the stores and corporate.
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong retail background
- Excellent organizational and communication, math and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple employees with little direct supervision
- Ability to manage budgets and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required, or;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Retail Management required
This position manages the assigned district’s Store Managers.
This position requires travel, up to 60%.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.