The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) is seeking a Senior Communications Manager to lead the communications team in the collaborative, inter-departmental and cross-functional development of high-quality communication material to support the Lab’s strategic vision. This position will be based in North Logan, UT, and reports to the Director of Program Services.
· Supervise managers within the communications branch. Staff includes technical writers, proposal management, copywriters, photographers, videographers, graphic artists, and instructional designers.
· Oversees and supports the development of impactful communication products for marketing, program documentation, and proposals. Includes written and visual aspects.
· Manage processes and projects to ensure efficiency and best practices are in place to produce high quality, timely and accurate communication products.
· Has comprehensive, direct experience and technical acumen to constructively support and champion proposal management and program documentation efforts.
· Maintains brand and style guides and ensures adherence to the standards in cooperating with public relations.
· Establishes, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for the communications branch working collaboratively with stakeholders.
· Accountable for SDL Historian efforts to include the preservation and documentation of biographies/remembrances, artifacts, and imagery.
· Responsible for SDL social media management and content in coordination with SDL public relations and Lab leadership.
· Train and mentor new employees within area of responsibility.
· Actively support continuous improvement initiatives.
· Work with SDL’s leadership to develop yearly strategic marketing thrust objectives.
· Promote SDL’s image to a variety of targeted audiences by organizing and supporting world-class exhibits at physical tradeshows and/or virtual marketing events. Manage trade show budget and organizational memberships and associated benefits. Lead exhibit strategy in coordination with applicable divisions and coordinate logistics with Program Services administrative assistant.
· Research opportunities for recognition and nominate employees for external awards.
· Takes on special projects as appropriate such as coordinating and creating materials for large programs or administrative projects.
· Actively works with Communications Branch managers to ensure autonomy, reach back, and forward-thinking strategy to ensure division success.
· BS/BA in applicable field
· Minimum of 15 years of experience developing corporate communications material and brand management
· Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
· Ability to relate well to people at all levels within and outside of the organization and preserve relationships even under difficult or challenging circumstances
· Strong writing, editing, and research skills to support proposal development and technical writing experience
· Proven project management experience
· Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to promote a positive image of the organization
· Trade show or similar marketing experience (travel to trade shows is expected approximately 4-6 weeks a year)
· Knowledgeable regarding social media practices and platforms
· Process-oriented with attention to detail yet able to see the big picture to provide a vision to lead and manage the team
· Extensive understanding of the aerospace industry
· Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance
· Active SSBI is preferred
At SDL, we take pride in and highly value our employees. SDL offers competitive salaries and a fantastic benefits package, including:
· Flexible work schedules
· Generous annual, sick, and holiday paid leave
· A variety of inexpensive-premium, high-quality health, dental, vision, and life insurance options
· Generous employer retirement contribution (Up to 14.2% of annual gross earnings)
· Discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents
· Access to USU facilities and USU staff privileges
Instructions to applicants:
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) Cover Letter
Once you’ve completed the initial application, you will receive an e-mail requesting you to complete a video digital interview. For more information, please visit: https://hirevue.secure.force.com/E2Candidate/?lang=en_US
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.