Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Contribute to building advanced capabilities, technologies and solutions in the field of robotics and automation that solve real-world challenges faced by our customers.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Conceive, develop, and deploy robotic and automation software solutions for advanced manufacturing applications and perception-driven solutions
- Design, build, debug and implement robotic and automation solutions
- Develop and test advanced software solutions for manufacturing and industrial processes and technologies
- Assist in preparing proposals and cost estimates
- Interact with customers to promote new business and develop technical requirements
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.25 GPA in Robotics, Software Engineering, or Computer Science, or related
- 0-5 years of experience developing software
- C++ and Python software development
- Desire to learn ROS (Robot Operating System), OpenCV, PCL (Point Cloud Library), industrial robotics, mobile robotics, 2D/3D computer vision, path planning for robotics and robot manipulation, machine learning, optimization, 2D and 3D perception/sensing for robot guidance, and robot localization.
- Existing knowledge of these concepts and direct experience with controls for robotics and automation is beneficial
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas