The Secondary Set-up and Operator position leads and directs all activities supporting secondary operations. This position requires the set-up and operation of all secondary machinery and operations in the assigned department to include: trim presses, secondary stamping presses, tapers, CNC mills, Internal Grooving Machine, counters, and resistance welders. This position is also responsible for coordinating secondary production activities such as IAW Demand Flow System, production of high volume quality parts, material handling as required, housekeeping IAW company 5S+1 sustainment efforts, and all individuals goals as assigned by the responsible department supervisor.
• Lead and direct secondary operators by assigning cell oriented tasks in support of Primary production efforts which include IAW principles, Demand Flow Technology (DFT) principles and department work instructions. This also includes the tracking and recording production efforts to support DFT.
• Perform multiple set-up activities on department secondary machinery to support production efforts using appropriate SOE’s and work instructions. Verify the status of secondary dies and fixtures ensuring readiness for production. Prepare secondarypaperwork/supporting documentation for production. Safely retrieve and return secondary dies and fixtures to the appropriate storage areas.
• Ensure quality standards of secondary products are maintained by performing first piece set-up inspections. Identify changes to quality documents and submitt proper documentation as required.
• Exercise troubleshooting skills to resolve component quality issues and machine stoppages. Coordinate with appropriate maintenance personnel for higher level maintenance issues on secondary machinery to support quality and production efforts.
• Demonstrate proficiency in using quality tools and measuring devises (vernier calipers, micrometers, gage pins, shadow graphs, blue prints, control plans) as required. Collect SPC data using Datamyte and the necessary quality instruments. Exercise basic computer skills to track reports and access production information as required.
• Train secondary operators on all aspects of secondary production skills which include safety, quality, production, housekeeping, material handling, DFT recording and reporting, and basic set-ups of secondary production assets.
• Operate secondary production equipment in support of department production efforts and DFT. Maintain a high level of production and quality on all parts produced.
• Maintain department/facility housekeeping standards and practices in accordance with principles of 5S.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma
• Knowledge of metal forming
• Knowledge of die cast products
• Knowledge of resistance welding
• Ablility to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Basic computer skills