The Production Planner is primarily responsible for the value stream operations planning and purchasing of raw materials, components and finished goods required to support meet customer order requirements.
•Translates customer orders and forecasts into operations plans, schedules manufacturing jobs/work orders in the MRP system to best meet customer request dates, ensures material availability for work orders scheduled and prioritizes operations to best meet customer requests.
• Review capacity, constraints and production plans, to give accurate dates to Customer service , Expedite job orders when required
• Analyzes and identifies supply problems relating to applicable/appropriate part numbers and determines the potential impact of on-time delivery to customers. Assists in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions.
• The Production Planner monitors market forecasts and customer order activity (external, OFC and affiliate), and works with Global Planning for review.
• Responsible for the processing and resolution of all assigned MRRs, supplier corrective actions, RMAs, Debit Memos etc., ensuring the timely, accurate and effective coordination of all material returns and paperwork reconciliation through to resolution/completion.
• Accountable for the efficient and accurate execution of manufacturing work orders,. Accountable for on-time delivery, distressed inventory, inventory turns and days of supply.
• May participate in the development of inventory planning and purchasing process(es) to support key material related strategies, such as outsourcing, lean supply chain, supplier managed and owned inventory, kanban systems, JIT, vendor scheduling, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree preferred
•Three or more years operations planning &/or purchasing experience; Previous Southco product knowledge or related experience preferred.
•APICS affiliation and certification preferred
•ISM affiliation and certification preferred