Job ID: #16142
Agency: Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, Data Center, Technical Administration
Salary:$21.67 -$36.93/ hr -DOE
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications. For more information on the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, please visit http://bit.sd.gov.
This position will include developing the Configuration Management Databases for Servicenow, writing custom code to the File Director Document Management system against the File Director APi and some File Director administration duties. Technology engineering level assignment will be determined by the education and experience of the incumbent.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Degree in computer science, networking or a related field and 2 years of experience is preferred but not required. The knowledge, skills and abilities sections are a list of duties that a candidate will develop.
- Microsoft Visual Studio (VB.net) – at least 5 years experience;
- Windows Server Operating Systems;
- Microsoft SQL Server;
- Internet Information System;
- Active Directory;
- Windows File Permissions;
- Power Shell;
- List of Knowledges that will be developed;
- CMDB Development for ServiceNow;
- File Director Server Administration[;
- File Director Winclient Administration.
- communicate effectively with fellow IT staff on complex technology solutions;
- use Visual Studio and Powershell to automate processes and build internal maintenance functions;
- work with application development on operational issues;
- mentor application development in use of the File Director API;
- trouble shoot problems.
- have experience with Data architectures, database design, and database development;
- develop Complex TSQL queries;
- research, evaluate and recommend new technology solutions;
- assist DevelopmentUsers with use of File Director.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”