PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 16104
Agency: Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, Security Division
Location: South Dakota, Negotiable
Salary: $58,000 – $78,000 annually, depending on experience
Closing Date: 04/26/2021
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications. For more information on the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, please visit http://bit.sd.gov.
The BIT SOC (Security Operations Center) Project Manager, will supervise and manage our sub division of External Assessments and coordinate and guide the rest of the SOC personnel on proper business processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. This position would also be responsible for assisting on all types of documents created by the SOC and review / update policies and procedures
Licenses and Certifications:
BS in Project Management / Computer Science / IT Business Administration or a similar field or a combination of experience and education may also be accepted.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- leadership skills, ability to lead and properly communicate expectation and set the External Assessments subdivision goals and metrics;
- demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods;
- excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others;
- strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams;
- experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- supervisor of External Assessments Subdivision;
- manage the External Assessments subdivision by coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance;
- identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time;
- act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy;
- project Management;
- assist SOC team members on project management (developing schedules, individual responsibilities, track performance) in order to ensure all members are actively working toward their established milestones;
- hold regular team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects;
- using project management tools to track project performance and schedule adherence;
- create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- documentation / Policies and Procedures;
- be the lead on the IT audits process;
- assist on the creation of various documentation products (incidents, statistical and status reports);
- assist on the review, update and maintenance of BIT Security Policies and Procedures;
- assist on providing a non-technical translation for highly technical documentation in order to enhance transparency and easy understanding for BIT internal and external clients.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, please attach your Resume, College degree, and IT experience.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”