Job ID: 16117
Agency: Office of the Attorney General
Salary: $50,000 – $65,000; depending on experience
Pay Grade: GJ
Closing Date: 05/04/2021
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Office of Attorney General. For more information on the Office of Attorney General, please visit http://atg.sd.gov.
The Finance Office of the Office of the Attorney General is looking for a knowledgeable and experienced individual to fill an Accountant position in Pierre, SD. This position performs advanced level accounting in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position is responsible for analyzing and reconciling accounts, maintaining financial records, managing federal grant funds, and preparing financial reports submitted to the State and Federal Governments.
This position is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business degree with major course work in accounting and 3-5 years progressive experience in the accounting field.
- generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), standards, and practices;
- State of South Dakota Accounting System;
- Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and Query.
- prepare and maintain financial records;
- conduct research, compile, and analyze financial data;
- successfully plan and organize work activities, adjust to multiple demands, and prioritize tasks; to complete assignments and meet schedules and deadlines;
- communicate effectively and efficiently;
- establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with office personnel.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”