Position: Civil Engineering Staff Professional
Requisition Number: 2020-3510-07
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Civil Engineering Staff Professional to join our team in Knoxville, Tennessee. The design team is responsible for the production and management of a variety of public & private sector projects, including site development, transportation, and municipal & public works projects.
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager, along with a full design team, on a wide range of design projects including site development, transportation, and municipal & public works projects;
- Development of conceptual design, engineering analysis of design alternatives, drawing / detail preparations, construction cost estimating, specification preparation, construction site inspections, and report preparation;
- Communication with internal and external clients;
- Preparation of grading plans, stormwater design, and utility systems design;
- Perform permitting assistance and coordination efforts.
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required;
- Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exam and be eligible for the Professional Engineer’s (P.E.) exam within 4-5 years;
- 2 or more years of progressive experience in civil engineering design projects (including site/land development, and utilities) is preferred, but entry-level candidates will also be considered;
- Previous exposure to AutoCAD and Civil3D is required;
- Previous exposure to stormwater and utility modeling programs is preferred;
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Candidate will have good communication skills, including written, oral and listening, and good interpersonal skills as well as ability to work and interface well in a collaborative project team environment;
- Interact positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company’s Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor