SIS International Research (www.sisinternational.com), a global market research and consulting firm, is seeking a manager of Strategy Research and Market Intelligence.
We want an outstanding individual who can gather, analyze, and synthesize market and competitive intelligence and turn it into quality strategic insight.
This role requires a driven, self-motivated individual—a strategic thinker and doer who will bring a fresh approach to strategy research and competitive intelligence. You should be a self-starter and comfortable working in a fast paced environment on multiple projects.
The Strategy and Market Intelligence Manager roles include managing and leading the following activities:
- Primary Market Research: Manage design, execution and analysis of primary market research across all target audiences
- Secondary Data Mining and Analysis: Leverage secondary data sources to generate comprehensive market, customer and competitive insights.
- Competitive Intelligence: Monitor and report market and competitor events and implications
- Survey Research: Write questionnaires, program them yourself on Qualtrics, launch the survey, manage quotas, quality control the data and submit the data file to clients.
- Forecasting and Valuation: Provide analytical support to inform global and country specific opportunity assessments and forecasts.
- Conducting Market sizing and market opportunity
- Other applications: Desk research, Pricing analysis, Market Assessments, Market positioning research
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting interviews with B2B research respondents
- Researching industries and trends to be able to discuss topics with respondents
- Conducting secondary desk and internet research and industry analysis
- Conducting outreach to potential respondents to participate in interviews and studies
- Conducting analysis and presenting findings and results to the team
- Reporting the findings in Powerpoint, Excel, Word and other common business software programs
- Conducting outreach to potential respondents and information sources, including thought leaders, distributors, partners, customers, and industry experts
- Developing concise, audience-appropriate, actionable communications characterized by their strategic insight
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- *** On-site in NYC only. Remote working will not be considered. ***
- 3-8 years of experience in market intelligence, strategy consulting, quantitative data analysis or similar fields; prior work experience in B2B technology and communications industries, market research, data sciences, or econometrics preferred
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills and to contribute to executive-level discourse; excellent written communication abilities
- Strong interviewing skills and capabilities
- Proactive, self-directed, team-oriented
- Able to operate within a team environment and take large amounts of data and form trends, recommendations and conclusions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace
- Knowledge of quantitative statistical data modeling and tools (SPSS) to design and/or perform quantitative analysis preferred
- Experience in the use of quantitative statistical modeling methodologies (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations, Discrete Choice Models), statistical visualization and modeling packages and data analytics (Tableau) preferred