SimVentions, which is consistently voted one Virginia’s Best Places to Work, is searching for Weapon System Test Engineers to join our team in Dahlgren to support testing of Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System (TTWCS) software in various configurations (surface, subsurface, and Foreign Military Sales (FMS)). Candidate will work on a diverse team with fellow SimVentions testers and government personnel.
- Conduct testing of tactical weapon systems in various configurations and across multiple builds in a lab setting. Document pertinent information in lab logs
- Modify and troubleshoot lab hardware, equipment, simulators, and network configurations in a dynamic environment
- Perform data analysis of test output; identify and develop data extraction and data reduction elements for test procedures that aid in requirement verification
- Document system problems by creating change requests (CR)/problem reports (PR).
- •Verify software fixes for CR/PR resolution
- Develop new test procedures and modify existing test procedures to verify requirements and system functionality
- Develop and maintain Test Verification Matrices (TVM)
- Generate test plans and test reports
- Communicate testing event summaries verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide technical briefs, defend data analysis, and present at various technical reviews
- Communicate with SimVentions’ management about test initiatives, issues, needs, and provide recommendations for improvements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Five (5) years of System Test experience in real time Weapon Systems
- Specialized Test Engineering experience – Three (3) years concurrent experience in Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS)/TTWCS
- Familiarization with Configuration Management (CM) processes and Configuration Control Board (CCB) support including performing requirements traceability
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Capabilities Based Test and Evaluation (CBT&E)
- Experience with automated testing tools and methods
- Experience using Jira to document and track CRs/PRs as well as tracking tasks
- Ability to create test and lab schedules through the assignment of both lab resources and personnel to tasks
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline is preferred but not required.
Minimum Clearance: Interim Secret Clearance
Location: Dahlgren- On base