Come Join a Winning Team!
Founded in 2003, Simply Self Storage has embarked on a continual journey to make the self-storage experience as easy as possible while providing a wide range of convenient and secure storage units that serve both personal and business customers. Our properties provide greater control over where and how people store their belongings, with the necessary flexibility to meet the needs of our customers. As a national provider of self-storage, Simply Self Storage is proud of the product we offer and the service our highly trained employees provide. Simply Self Storage is one of the top five private owners of self-storage and operates a high- quality portfolio totaling 8 million square feet across 122 properties in the U.S. In late 2020, Simply Self Storage was acquired by Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust (“BREIT”).
Position is located in Orlando, FL
- Work as part of the real estate group to support new investment activity into value-add and opportunistic real estate strategies
- Perform underwriting, financial analysis, due-diligence, and asset management on self-storage acquisitions, developments, and expansions.
- Actively participate in all facets of the investment process including identification of new opportunities, due-diligence, asset management, and dispositions
- Build, manipulate, and interpret detailed financial models
- Responsible for market research to evaluate demographics, supply/demand fundamentals, identification of new competitors and viability of potential new investments
- Support asset management post-close by tracking operating performance and performing financial analysis to assist in ongoing decision making
- Populate pipeline materials with relevant data related to ongoing deals and continuously update status of passed deals for tracking purposes
- Prepare investment committee materials including acquisition memos and other materials, for presentation to senior leadership
- Prepare updated pipeline and investment committee materials and present analysis to senior leadership
- Keep current on market trends, sales comps, political changes, and local news where the firm has existing investments and in markets where the firm is targeting acquisitions.
- Promote culture of collaboration and be willing to work cross-functionally to add value across the organization
- Work alongside accounting, IT and the real estate team to build budgets, dashboards and customized reports to support portfolio management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Exceptional financial modeling skills with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, preferably in a real estate setting, utilizing varying degrees of historical data to accurately defend modeled outputs.
- PowerPoint expertise also preferred. Candidate will be expected to roll-up deal models and all relevant data into investor presentations on an ongoing basis.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to speak with conviction and persuasion
- Team player with a willingness to be flexible and take on additional responsibilities depending on the needs of the business
- Ability to work on numerous projects at once, maintaining organization and meeting deadlines across disciplines
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and within a team environment; able to meet deadlines consistently.
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude, poise and maturity
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to think critically, challenge assumptions, and contribute ideas to the organization
- Must be willing to work hours outside the normal hours of operation
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience at investment bank or investment management firm. Previous real estate finance experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license if required to operate a motor vehicle to perform the job duties.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and all property level personnel.
- Ability to travel to property locations as needed.
- Must be detail oriented and able to focus with frequent interruptions.